Protection of your data is especially important to DNA Baits Ltd, and we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors, customers, employees, and other parties using our services.
The Data Protection Act 2018 controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses, or the government, and is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Everyone responsible for using personal data must follow strict rules called data protection principles. They must make sure the information is:
- used fairly, lawfully, and transparently
- used for specified, explicit purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant, and limited to only what is necessary
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- kept for no longer than is necessary
- handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction, or damage
There is stronger legal protection for more sensitive information, such as:
- ethnic background
- political opinions
- religious beliefs
- trade union membership
- biometrics (where used for identification)
- sex life or orientation
There are separate safeguards for personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences.
Types of Data Collected
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First & Last Name
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
- Credit Card Number
- Telephone Number
- Personal data will be used for personalisation of ads and cookies may be used for personalised and non-personalised advertising.
Usage data is collected automatically when using the website and may include information such as:
- The device IP address
- Browser type
- Browser version
- Pages of the website that you visit
- Time & Date of the website visit
- Time spent on certain pages
- Diagnostic data
- Mobile operating system (if using mobile devices)
- Search terms that referred you to the website
Tracking Technologies & Cookies:
Cookies and other technologies may be used to track the activity on our website and store certain information to improve our website. This may include:
Cookies: temporary data files placed on your device and often include a unique ID. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please visit All About Cookies (https://allaboutcookies.co.uk/)
Log Files: track actions and collect data while using the website
Web Beacons: tags, pixels, gifs that permit the Company to count users who have visited pages and records information about how you used the website
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website, including monitoring usage
- To manage your account: fulfilment of orders, processing payment, arranging for shipping, and providing invoices/order confirmations.
- To contact you by email, telephone, SMS, or other equivalent forms of communication.
- To screen orders for risk of fraud
- To provide you with news, offers and general information about goods, services, and events unless you have opted not to receive this information.
- Other uses: Usage trends, effectiveness of promotional campaigns, user experience and improvements to our website, goods, and services.
Sharing Personal Data
We share your information with third-party providers, such as WooCommerce, to power our online store. We use Google Analytics to understand how our customers use the website.
To opt out of Google Analytics, please use the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please read Google’s Privacy & Terms to find out about how Google will use your personal data when you give consent on our site: Google’s Privacy & Terms site.
Personal information may also be shared to comply with applicable laws and regulations, lawful requests for information and subpoena, and to protect our rights.
We use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications we believe you may be interested in.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info
The Company will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
You have the right to access personal information held about you and to ask that your information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please use the contact details below.
Links to Other Websites
Changes to this Policy
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at E: email@example.com or post the details to this address:
Unit E, Opus 36,
New Potter Grange Road,
T: 01977 681841